Note: Starting from February 20, 2003 Multimedia Xplorer version 2 is freeware. We decided to offer this program from now on for free because it is now 4 years old and slightly outdated by our today's standards, so we don't feel comfortable charging money for it even people still like it and want to buy it!
Please note we will not provide technical support for the program from now on, except to customers who have purchased it in the past. You can post your questions on online forum.
"I tried all the graphics viewers available before choosing Multimedia Xplorer. I still think it is the best one out there."
Have more than 10 image files? Want to run slide shows now and then? Or need a way to quickly listen to sound clips or even watch video clips? Need to sort through a lot of files? Moon Software is proud to introduce Multimedia Xplorer -- one single application that solves all those problems and more. With Multimedia Xplorer, browsing & managing your image and multimedia files becomes a snap. Packed with ergonomic features, no matter if you are a beginner or a professional, Multimedia Xplorer will help you.
"Probably THE easiest graphics browser I have EVER used and I
have used plenty. I have only used this app for 3 days and already I know that it's worth more than $20."
Multimedia Xplorer is the best application for handling most types of multimedia files including images, sounds, videos and icons. The main idea is to provide ONE application that handles all these different media types easily so there is no need to deal with different programs. Multimedia Xplorer looks a bit like the Windows Explorer, but it uses advanced features to make your file management and browsing much more fun. If you know how to work with the Windows Explorer, then you already know how to use the basic functionality of Multimedia Xplorer. And, you can use most of your shell context-menu extensions like WinZip, U-Lead SmartSavers, PowerToys, FileTargets etc. on files you browse directly from Multimedia Xplorer!
"Multimedia Explorer is BY FAR the best shareware I have ever seen! As a graphics intensive user I use it almost daily. I use it in place of my CorelDraw 8 multimedia viewer because Multimedia Explorer is far more convenient!"
- Super fast image display, several zoom modes
- Windows Explorer-like interface with full drag and drop support (from/to other programs)
- Access shell context menus of file and folder objects (for example you can use WinZip directly from Multimedia Xplorer)
- Display images in the following formats: JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, WMF, EMF, TGA, PCX, DCX, RLE, DIB, ICO (including multi-image icons), CUR (including multi-image cursors)
- Convert images to JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, BMP, PCX or to 320x400 256-color Windows start up & shutdown logo
- Play the following sound formats*: WAV, MID, RMI, AIFF, AU, SND, MP2, MP3,RA, M3U
- Play the following video formats* in the image display area (does not open any secondary windows for video output): AVI, MPEG, MOV, RM
- Show animated cursors (ANI) by temporarily changing your mouse cursor into one you select so you can easily browse your collections
- See image during decoding and cancel loading
- Uses amazing image dithering technology - true color images have a true look even in 256-color mode
- Enhanced slide show (random mode, tagging, zooming, QuickShow with sub-folders etc)
- Printing with print preview
- Integrated Media Player that pops up only if a sound or video file is open and offers video speed adjustment & repeat mode
- Allows tagging files, so you can later take action on all tagged files at once
- Create thumbnails with Batch Conversion
- Shows and allows the extraction of icons from ICO, ICL, DLL, EXE to any supported conversion format
- Favorites for saving your most used folders for quick access
- Destinations stores the folders you copy/move files into most often
- Multimedia Detective searches through the drives/folders you select for multimedia and image files and then displays results so you are one click away from accessing these files
- One-Click Destinations, floating toolbar that allows one-click access to your Destination folders, making sorting of large file collection a snap
- Batch Conversion allows you to convert hundreds of images to another format all at once
- Batch Rename allows to rename many files at once, as a series
- Logo Changer allows you to select any supported image as your Windows start-up or shutdown screen
- File Filter lets you display only files of certain types
- Set any bitmap image as tiled, centered, stretched or positioned desktop wallpaper (Unique: drag image into the right position and press OK)
- ActiveMovie Repair Wizard automatically solves problems with MCI drivers
- User interface is available in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Norwegian and Portuguese languages
- Full on-line help (available in English only)
- Compact and fast -- all this functionality takes only around 2 megabytes on your disk
- Much more for you to discover...
"I just registered your program Multimedia Xplorer, and wanted to tell you how great it is!! The time savings paid for the program the first week. I saw it on a best of web at Windows.com and gave it a try. I registered it on the 3rd day I was so impressed. It is feature packed, has a small footprint, runs more formats than I knew of, in short a great program. I rarely write letters praising products, but this one is so easy and FUN to use! Thanks much!"
*) Sound and video playback requires working MCI drivers.
Current Multimedia Xplorer version is .., version history
Windows 9x/Me/NT4/2000, 2.5MB disk space
(Windows XP is not officially supported)
Direct download: (0 MB), see the Download section for more download options
Click on a thumbnail below to see an enlarged image.
Main window displaying an AVI video. You see all images and videos in the same window. Video/sound control bar will appear automatically only if there is a video/sound files opened.
Printing window displays how your image will appear on the paper.
With slideshow editor you can edit and save slideshows. To see all images in a folder you don't need to use the slideshow editor but rather use the QuickShow functionality.
Multimedia Xplorer allows you to tag (mark) files in the main window or during slideshow. This Tagged Files window displays tagged files so you can operate (copy/move/delete etc) with those tagged files all at once.
Using batch conversion you can convert many picture files from one image format to another. Optional resizing and renaming options are available.
Batch Rename allows you to rename multiple files at once.