Font Xplorer 1.2.2 is now freeware. Please note that this program is old and not compatible with Windows Vista/7/8. Hopefully, the all-new version 2 will be available in the future.
Font Xplorer does not support Adobe Type 1 fonts and OpenType fonts with PostScript outlines. It works with TrueType and OpenType fonts that have TrueType outlines.
Do you need to find that perfect font for best friend's birthday card? Want to get a detailed overview of all the fonts installed on your system? Or, so you find that font installation in Windows is too difficult for you? Want to print professionally designed sample sheets listing all your fonts? Font Xplorer comes to the rescue! Designed for both beginners and professionals, this font tool should find a place in every computer.
- Browse both installed and not installed TrueType* fonts from disk.
- See what each font looks like, so it's very easy to compare fonts
- Special "user text compare" mode allows you to find the perfect font in seconds
- Load, install, unload, uninstall, manage fonts
- Print pre-designed, professional sample sheets and font listings
- Save bitmap images of fonts
- Search for duplicate fonts using CRC check
- Rename font files to use a font's full name with undo support (i.e. arialbi.ttf to Arial Bold Italic.ttf)
- Comprehensive font info is available (full name, copyright, embedding info, available character sets etc.)
- Advanced, resizable character map that shows all a font's scripts and allows you to zoom in on any character. You can even copy a symbol to the clipboard as a vector image or rich text
- View extended font metrics information
- View the installation status of fonts to instantly determine if that font is already installed
- Filter fonts by character set so you only see symbol fonts, for example
- Mark fonts and optionally view only marked fonts
- Integrated Repair Wizard solves most common problems with fonts
- Extensive support for calling external programs. Plus support for different variables in callable command lines
- Fully customizable toolbars and menus with Office 2000 look & feel. Mix menus and toolbar buttons, create new toolbars, reposition them etc.
- And much more for you to discover...
Current Font Xplorer version is 1.2.2, version history
Windows 9x/Me/NT4/2000/XP (Vista/7 not supported), 2MB disk space
Direct download: Legacy/Font_Xplorer_122_Free.exe (0.83 MB), see the Download section for more download options
"Use a font tool that does it all..." Read full ZDNet review here.
Click on a thumbnail below to see an enlarged image.
Main window that lists all installed fonts. You can also switch to your own text, so you can see what your text looks like in each font.
Font Xplorer in "Browse disk fonts" mode. You can see fonts that are not installed just by selecting a folder from folder tree on the left side.
Font Xplorer's Character Map displaying a selected character "zoomed". You see the zoomed character as long as you click on a symbol with the mouse and hold down the mouse button.