Would Like a new Xplorer Developed
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

warrenrh

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 15 November 2008 :  05:06:00  Show Profile
I registered Multimedia Xplorer, years, and years ago. Even after all these year I still consider it, to be one of the finest pieces of software that I have ever used. I especially liked the Slideshow feature. The options were powerful, and the speed was amazingly FAST.

My experience lately with Xplorer is very similar to the messages at:
http://www.moonsoftware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=690

Xplorer was consistently giving me an Access violation on my Vista Home Premium machine. But now After adding Xplorer to the "Windows Data Execution Prevention" list of execeptions -- Xplorer now seems to be working.

But If there ever was a new version or another somewhat similar program produced by Moon Software -- I would want to know about it, and Try it. I would very likely register. I would encourage such a development effort.

But I recognize the problem - Software probably doesn't make enough money to pay for the development effort.

I am very impressed with Xplorer, and admire the functionality and Speed with which Xplorer operates. Thank you Ahto.

But with Xplorer not being supported, I suspect erratic behavior, and various other problems will continue to increase, as new operating systems and changes occur.

Would someone like to recommend another product, similar to Xplorer, which is very fast, and similar slide show features?

Robert W

Edited by - warrenrh on 15 November 2008 05:33:35

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1118 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2008 :  17:50:09  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage
Robert,

Of course it is possible to make money making programs. However, I have lost interest in Multimedia Xplorer since I myself don't need this kind of program any more. Most programs I offer I have made for my own use and once I don't need them any more I have lost interest in updating them. It is not interesting to work with something you don't like that much and that shows up in final product. You can see many stuff on the 'net that is just made to make money and you can tell the difference.

I hope you find something to replace it with. Finding "small and quick" software that works is tricky nowadays, when bloatware is considered normal by most software companies.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000