New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

fungel

2 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2016 :  17:32:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I'm on Windows 10 64 BIt.
When I try to use Image Resize Right Click (which used to work) it now comes up with an error message:
http://i.imgur.com/NGx7mz6.png

Does anybody know how to fix it?

Many thanks, Kyle.

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2016 :  21:29:35  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You need to use 3rd party ImageMagick package to use this feature.

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows

and get the "Win64 dynamic at 16 bits-per-pixel component".
Go to Top of Page

TCM

3 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2017 :  15:06:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

You need to use 3rd party ImageMagick package to use this feature.

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows

and get the "Win64 dynamic at 16 bits-per-pixel component".

I had experienced the same problem initially, then discovered that when installing the IM package, make certain to check the box to include "legacy support".

The above step got me past the error shown in the original post, only then to encounter the following result when attempting to carryout a Resize: "ImageMagick indicated failure by returning exit code 1."

Any ideas what might be causing this to occur?
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 20 July 2017 :  12:05:01  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, new ImageMagick 7 does not include required executable, unless you include legacy support. I need to update Shell Tools to work properly with new ImageMagick 7.

Until then solution is to install older version 6 of ImageMagick:

32-bit: https://sourceforge.net/projects/imagemagick/files/im6-exes/ImageMagick-6.9.9-0-Q16-x86-static.exe/download

or

64-bit: https://sourceforge.net/projects/imagemagick/files/im6-exes/ImageMagick-6.9.9-0-Q16-x64-static.exe/download
Go to Top of Page

TCM

3 Posts

Posted - 20 July 2017 :  13:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Ahto - thank you for your quick reply.

Here's what I have done:

1. uninstalled the existing IM installation ver 7.0.6-0-Q16-x64-dll

2. downloaded and installed the old IM version 6.9.9-0-Q16-x64-static using your provided link (since I am on a Win10Pro x64 OS)

3. result is the same error "ImageMagick indicated failure by returning exit code 1."

4. I repeated steps 1 & 2 above downloading the old IM version 6.9.9-0-Q16-x64-dll, and obtained the same error shown in step 3

5. I repeated steps 1 & 2 above downloading the old IM version 6.9.9-0-Q16-x32-static, and obtained the same error shown in step 3. Then did the same thing for 6.9.9-0-Q16-x32-dll.

6. Always receiving the same error shown in step 3.

7. System Summary:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7600U CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2904 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
System SKU: LENOVO_MT_20JE_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd

Your additional ideas on a work around would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Rgds
TCM

Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1137 Posts

Posted - 21 July 2017 :  18:00:36  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
3. result is the same error "ImageMagick indicated failure by returning exit code 1."

Perhaps there is something with the file itself so ImageMagick is unable to convert it to JPG using given settings. Maybe it is very large (resolution)?
Go to Top of Page

TCM

3 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2017 :  05:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Perhaps there is something with the file itself so ImageMagick is unable to convert it to JPG using given settings. Maybe it is very large (resolution)?

Hello Ahto - thank you for your reply.

The same error result is returned when tested on a series of jpg files ranging in size from 3.5Mb to 30Kb. Thus, this does not seem to be related to file size, nor to a particular file itself.

Rgds
TCM
Go to Top of Page

whoetbe

France
1 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2017 :  18:33:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, got the same kind of problem :

When installing ImageMagick, you need to check the "install third party apps" or something like this to get the "convert.exe" app installed.

But after this, the command line does not work.

If i manually run "convert -filter lanczossharp -resize "1024x768" -colorspace sRGB -quality 90 IMG_0592.JPG I
MG_0592_conv.JPG", it works fine, but with the Moonshell command it does not work.

I think there's an error because there's a " > " symbol after the %size% parameter, but there's no kind of " %file% " parameter to tell the command wich file it should use.

Hope some MS admin can help?

Regards

Stephane
Saint-Paul de Vence, France
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000