Password Agent
 Switching from a PWA file to another PWA file
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Barefeets

2 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2012 :  21:51:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been using the free and paid versions of Password Agent for many years. (I used free when I was without a job, but now own a copy.) I recommend it to everyone that ever mentions having to track passwords. I promoted and got my last company to adopt PA as a standard and now I have promoted it to my current company, which has also accepted it as standard software. So I am very happy with the software for many years.

The trouble I have is when I try to use PA to keep track of passwords for OTHER PWA files! In our work environment we have different groups and teams that keep groups of passwords in their own PWA files. So I keep an entry for each of those files and the respective password. But as common and simple as that sounds, the PA software makes it very hard to use! I have not been able to use a LINK field to connect to other PWA files. So, after opening my PWA file and the entry, I have to copy the password and then navigate (reopen) the other file and THEN enter the password. Since the other password file is on a network, it is not easy to find. I much would RATHER be able to enter the path into the LINK field and then use that to switch directly from my current file to the other file.

Please let me know if that could be developed or if there is even a better way to utilize a Password Agent file entry for access to OTHER Password Agent files! The BEST alternative would be to create another icon next to the “Browse link” and “test link” that would be something like “Switch to” that would allow for switching directly to another PWA file.

Please let me know when this is possible!

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2012 :  22:29:53  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Since the other password file is on a network, it is not easy to find. I much would RATHER be able to enter the path into the LINK field and then use that to switch directly from my current file to the other file.

Yes, you can enter the full path of another -pwa data file into Link field, then the file will be opened in PA when you invoke Open Link. However, since PA shows one instance only then the file will be opened in current PA window, not in different window.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000