Portable App
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sferrell

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2012 :  02:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to take PWA with me on the road on a USB drive. Does the install process have hooks into the registry and other bits of Windows or is it pretty standalone? It has been so long since I did the install I don't really remember what it does.

I'm not sure what is involved in making it a Portable App, but that would help, as well.

Thanks.

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2012 :  09:54:57  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello!

See File | Take With Me command, that will allow you to copy PA to USB drive easily.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

sferrell

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2012 :  14:40:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doh! You are right, I vaguely remember when that was added as a feature several years ago.

In case anyone else is interested, after running Take With Me, a couple files show up on your USB drive. I created a folder (not sure if that was necessary, I didn't actually read any doc) and put the files in there. Then I moved the folder into the Portable Apps directory on my USB drive. Password Agent auto-magically shows up when I run Portable Apps and it can be started from that menu rather than having to navigate to the drive in Windows Explorer.

Thanks a lot!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000