Password Agent
 Sync options between computers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rfm2

4 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2012 :  18:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use PWA on my desktop and notebook computers. It is easy to sync the pwa files between computers, but I haven't figured out how to sync options changes made on one computer to the other. How to?

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2012 :  18:56:01  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello!

In current version there is no real syncing possible between 2 files and you also can't sync options. Synchronising will be available in next version.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

rfm2

4 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2012 :  19:15:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the quick response. Making the same option changes on the other computer is certainly not a big deal, but I thought I would check to see if it could be automated the way I automate syncing the pwa files.

PWA is a great product. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

WarGawd

1 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2012 :  20:56:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ummmmmm - Tools > Export Registry Settings ?!?!?!

Tools | Export Registry Settings This command allows you to export Password Agent registry key to a disk file that can be merged with the registry in another computer (.reg file). That way you can easily transfer all current program options and settings, excluding key code, to another computer(s).

Then just double click the .reg file on 2nd computer to add to Registry - kinda surprised to see that the developer himself overlooked this.

CHEERS
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2012 :  21:55:33  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, the original posted asked about syncing data files, not options.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

hartvix

Norway
3 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2012 :  05:45:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sync my PWA files between several computers myself - but I'm doing that via DropBox. This works fine, and also allows me to automatically update a backup on their servers. This backup can also be retrieved from any internet connected computer. Since a PWA-file is always encrypted, it's safe to store it there even if you are a bit paranoid (sometimes I am myself). Being a little paranoid, I do not use the same password for DropBox as the master password for the PWA-file, though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000