Windows 7 Support?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

gadasch

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  02:06:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got a brand new machine with Windows 7 (finally moving up from XP). I see you recommended not to use FX with Vista...Assume the same is true for Win 7, correct?

Ahto, from your responses on this forum it looks like FX is a dead product. If so, what product do you recommend your customers use in its place?

Thanks.

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  09:18:17  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, it works up to XP (not on Vista/7/8).

Most likely there will be new version in the future but meantime it is discontinued. I have no recommomendations, sorry.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

gadasch

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  12:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that. Here's a vote from a customer who was happy with the product the way it was (under XP):

I have no need for any new features in a Font Explorer version 2. Would be happy just to have a version 1.2.3 with no improvements other than Windows 7 support. Is it that hard to make the existing version work under Windows 7? Hate to see a nice product just sitting there dead in the water.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

dondon

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2012 :  19:02:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just downloaded this and installed it on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and it appears to work just fine.

The only thing I notice is that it doesn't recognize OTF fonts as being installed, but it recognizes TTF fonts being installed just fine.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2012 :  16:07:24  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes you can use it for viewing on Windows 7 but don't use to install/manage fonts. It also does not properly detect which fonts are installed permanently etc.

I have plan to release simple new version in the future.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

Lis

1 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2012 :  05:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use it on Windows 7 and it works great for viewing fonts. I don't use it to install fonts but there is no need to.

What I was wondering is if there is any way to tag fonts so that then I can sort them into categories for different purposes?
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2012 :  08:43:07  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
What I was wondering is if there is any way to tag fonts so that then I can sort them into categories for different purposes?

There is no tagging but you can group fonts in physical folders but that aspect does not work properly on 7.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

Myst

Portugal
1 Posts

Posted - 14 July 2013 :  21:11:14  Show Profile  Visit Myst's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for this thread!
Ahto, here's another customer who would very much like a version of FX that would work fully with Windows 7 :)
I'm happy to know that I can use some part of it though.
Please do let us know when a new version is available!
Thank you1
Go to Top of Page

Arydigital

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 15 November 2017 :  08:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just downloaded this and installed it on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and it appears to work just fine.

Badnaam ary dramas here: https://www.arydigital.tv/videos/category/badnaam/

Edited by - Arydigital on 28 November 2017 07:47:28
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000