Password Agent
 More Export Options
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Disposable_Hero

7 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2002 :  23:28:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like if Password Agent could export the contents of notes to arbitrary files (reg, txt, etcetera). Then I could keep most of my software licenses in Password Agent.

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2002 :  00:11:38  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What kind of licenses these are? Usually they are simple serial numbers/key codes that can be stored easily in PA.
Go to Top of Page

Disposable_Hero

7 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2002 :  01:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes they are Windows Registry files which have to be imported, sometimes they are license files with special names and/or extensions which the program looks for upon startup. As far as I can tell they are not binaries, though some may contain data that the program processes, and they are often encoded so as not to be easily readable. Perfectly understandable to make it hard for people to steal, but I wind up with a bunch of little files to keep track of And even if someone got ahold of my backup files for software, they would not have my licenses, since they would be in the encrypted Password Agent file.

I was going to suggest binary attachments capability (like to attach to notes) but I wondered how problematic that might be.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2002 :  17:40:25  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
And even if someone got ahold of my backup files for software, they would not have my licenses, since they would be in the encrypted Password Agent file.

Heh, anyone can steal such license from your application folder then, even you have backup copy in PA
quote:
I was going to suggest binary attachments capability (like to attach to notes) but I wondered how problematic that might be.

That may make sense in a future version. But it is not economical to store large files then, only small snippets like license files etc. But so far no other person has requested somehting like this!
Go to Top of Page

Disposable_Hero

7 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2002 :  00:01:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies. I have resolved the security issue with backups. Application folder issues - not a problem. I suppose the idea of attached binaries is somewhat like merging the functionality of Password Agent and Backup Magic.
Go to Top of Page

mcubis

1 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2006 :  10:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too would love to be able to attach saved certificate files, registry keys, and other small password related files within this program. (ie less than 1MB in size)

Our use of certificates, and encryption keys within registry files are increasing significantly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000