Net work drives not found running under scheduler
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dennis

Thailand
1 Posts

Posted - 03 September 2008 :  16:14:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My backup sets work find in GUI or console mode from GUI, but when I schedule the job (win xp) it cannot find either a UNC mapping or mapped drive. I have set up a mapped drive (has password) to reconnect at login.

Source folder inaccessible (Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password) Source: "\\Mailserver\MDaemon\Users" Dest: "G:\Backups\BS1\Email\Users"

OR

E> Source folder inaccessible (The system cannot find the path specified) Source: "M:\Users" Dest: "G:\Backups\BS1\Email\Users"

Windows scheduler seems to run under "administrator" account, which is the same as I log in as.Am I correct in thinking that the drive is somehow not available when running via the xp scheduler.

Any suggestions ?

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2008 :  13:06:25  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it is problem with permissions as you also guess. Did you read the knowledge base article?

http://www.moonsoftware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35

There are many quirks with the use of scheduler. See also note about UNC paths (at the end of the page).

From top of my head I think scheduler runs under system account, not admin account.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000