Password Agent
 A Suggestion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nkyadav

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  20:26:23  Show Profile  Visit nkyadav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use PA both at home and at work - I have two different files that I use, and I wanted to be able to merge the differences between the two at home - I have registered the one at home, and the one at work only keeps like 15-20 passwrods, so I want to make sure that the one at home has the current passwords when I change something at work.

Are you planning on implementing a "merge" feature anytime soon?

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2002 :  05:13:29  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Synchronisation feature may come in the next major version, not meantime.

Ahto
Go to Top of Page

nkyadav

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2002 :  14:11:33  Show Profile  Visit nkyadav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since I haven't played with the import feature yet, would this be a viable alternative to synchronization? Does the import allow a "merging" of two different files, or does it merely import the entire file into PA as a separate file?

quote:
Originally posted by ahto@moonsoftware

Synchronisation feature may come in the next major version, not meantime.

Ahto

Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2002 :  16:33:54  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Import will simply import all entries and groups into Imported Entries group, it does not replace synchronize.
Go to Top of Page

nkyadav

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2002 :  18:49:07  Show Profile  Visit nkyadav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kewl, thanks for the info.

quote:
Originally posted by ahto@moonsoftware

Import will simply import all entries and groups into Imported Entries group, it does not replace synchronize.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000