Re-naming folders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

morrinj

Ireland
2 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2008 :  15:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi , I am just evaluating Backup Magic at the moment and it seems to work perfectly for what I need. We basically have a site that is connected to HO on a 2mb MPLS link. We have a full backup of the sites data so all I need is a copy of the modified data each night which I can get using Backup Magic by choosing the use archive attribute. I have tested this and it seems to work really well. My question is that if I rename a folder or create a new blank folder and run a backup it doesnt appear to update these changes on the destination side and the archive bit doesnt appear to be set if you check the properties of the folder. If I re-name a folder and manually set the attribute it makes a copy of that folder rather than updating the folder on the source end. Is it possible to re-name folders and for the changes to apply at the source end ?

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2008 :  18:56:38  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BM is unable to rename folder (because it does not know if your renamed folder is actually renamed, or it is different new folder). If new folder in source is not empty, it will be copied as new folder. BM also does not currently copy empty folders.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000