2.2 beta 1 is now online
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 20 September 2002 :  12:21:32  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beta 1 of the new version 2.2 is now available for download from http://www.moonsoftware.com/beta.asp. Many new features like auto-save, lock/close after idle timeout, import PWA, undo etc...

Ahto

Paul333

14 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2002 :  19:04:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahto i like PA so much i couldnt wait to try out the new beta version but straight away i found problems working with the Autosave/Undo feature and to be honest dont like it:(.....I miss PA warning me that my data has changed and whether to save or not .IT did this without fail thru window crashes etc.it was FAITHFUL!! :(...The undo feature only allows 1 takeback :(.if you make 2 or more changes like i do [ im a moderator on 2 BB boards and always copying and pasting into PA notes] then it will only change back the most recent and because "nodified" NO LONGER shows in PA's main windows im quickly losing track whats been added or modified..The old way of working you could make changes,additions etc and when all work was done PA always warned (AND REMINDED) of modifications and if id,d like to save them or not

paul333
Go to Top of Page

Paul333

14 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  00:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to edit my post above to say that maybe a Undo History would help..I use PA all the time its a must have for me coz i use it for all my links ,emails ,storage accounts etc and im always adding text notes during surf sessions and with earlier versions i didnt worry because at the end of a session id just click NO to saving my PWA file but now ill have to after each task undo it before starting another which will be more time consuming .im sure others will like the changes:)..Its still a great application!!!

paul333
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  05:49:07  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear you find it diffucult to use now, but you use PA for another purpose it is designed for :) If it worked for you, that is OK, but my interest it to provide better support for what it is designed for.
Several prople have written me thay use PA to store everything from phone numbers, health history, car repair notes, addresses to passwords. This is OK with me but I don't suggest that. There are several programs on the market that allow you to do other things much better.
If you need to save temp notes and other stuff that is not needed to be secure, try program called ActionOutline - I use it myself for all notes, feature requests, bug reports etc.

quote:
straight away i found problems working with the Autosave/Undo feature and to be honest dont like it:(.....

What problem did you encounter?? If there is something expect the "familiar save prompt missing" I would sure like to know and fix them :).

Ahto

Go to Top of Page

Paul333

14 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  15:14:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope no probs using it the way its meant to be used.. thats why i wanted to edit my first post as my use of the word "problem " was more to do with the way i use PA as opposed to any problem with PA itself..in saying that though....since installing it yesterday 22nd ive had 3 window freezes ,crashes.....whether it was Pa causing it i dont know but i uninstalled the beta version and went back to v2.1.3..i was running a debugger at the time so whether that aggrevated it i dont know..i have some freetime on thursday and ill install it again to see what happens...... if i get more system hangs/freezes ill try to pinp[oint the cause..

paul333
Go to Top of Page

Paul333

14 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2002 :  13:42:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK ive had it installed for a week now and no problems whatsoever...Im liking this new version now:)..Keep up the good work!!

paul333
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2002 :  05:23:16  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your feedback, Paul . Unfortunately there are only few people who give feedback, despite the fact that many download and use betas on daily basis...

Ahto
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000