Freeware
 FileTargets & shortcuts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SKane

1 Posts

Posted - 30 September 2007 :  12:14:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would really like to be able to use FileTargets to copy or move shortcuts to another location.

Can this feature be added by the developer?

Or can I edit the registry directly or indirectly (perhaps via file associations) to make this possible. After all, the problem is simply that 'File Targets' never appears on my context menu when shortcuts are selected.

I presume the utility of such a capability is obvious. But if not, here's an example....

--

For example, I created two new "batches" [folders] of scanned documents via my ABBYY OCR/scanner application. Documents will be added to these batches for months, if not years to come. All ABBYY batches are stored within a default My Documents folder -- and all the batches need to be kept within this one default directory for the ABBYY app to access.

But the scanned documents to be stored in these two batches will be useful for my "CP" work project. The central "CP" folder -- where I store or access everything related to this work project -- is located on another hard drive.

So I access Windows Explorer via ABBYY's "New Batch" dialog window, then create a shortcut for each CP-related batch folder, select the two shortcuts & right-click to copy or move both to the main CP directory -- the path to which is already stored within FileTargets.

But FileTargets doesn't even appear on my context menu when shortcuts are selected. Bummer. I have to cut & paste the shortcuts instead, using Windows Explorer, drilling up & down through directories.

--

S. Kane

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 30 September 2007 :  13:06:40  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, it does not work with shortcuts. No promises about updating the program to work with shortcuts.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000