File Targets and Vista
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Grongle

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2007 :  07:58:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I notice several references to Vista and an urgency regarding File Targets. Yes, it's an excellent program; no doubt about that.

But I wanted to make this separate thread just to point out a very important concept regarding file send to and file move to in Vista. There is, of course, the freeware utility that puts them both back in, which you can get at http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-copy-to-move-to-on-windows-vista-right-click-menu/

But there is more. When Vista fails to move or copy the files the way you are so very used to doing in XP, watch your own fingers on the mouse. In XP you can be pretty sloppy, and you can move things with the LEFT mouse button. XP is superior for being easier that way, but Vista wants you to use your RIGHT mouse button. If you've found that some of these ultra-basic file moves are just not working in Vista, go slowly (at first) using your RIGHT mouse button, and be prepared to respond to the MOVE HERE response. I think this technique could be almost as fast as XP's, once we get used to it.

But it's good news: The new Microsoft Windows Bimbo need not be crippling; just obtuse.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000