Password Agent
 Forgotton Master Password
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jon

1 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2006 :  02:47:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently changed my master password and have either forgot it or something is wrong with the software is a software problem a possibility?). It is a free copy of password agent that limits one to 25 passwords. I have entered everything I can think of based on the clue I provided when I changed the password and nothing is working.The version is 2.3.4. I am guessing that a system restore to an earlir point will not help. Any suggestions

Jon

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2006 :  13:29:46  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is not possible to open your file without knowning the password. The only thinking you can do is relax and maybe you'll recall your password later or restore your old file that used your "old" password, if you have it.

Password Agent will also store some copies of old files, so if you have not made many modifications to your file after changing master password there is possiblity that your old file is in the same folder as your main file, but with extension ".oldN". See topic "File is damaged" in "Solving problems" section in help file on how to restore from .old file.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000