Password Agent and Internet Explorer 7
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ajharman

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2006 :  11:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am at the moment testing Internet Explorer 7 on my standby computer and have noticed that Password Agent is not imputing the name and password correctly. It only seems to put in 7 of the 8 password characters and sometimes it just jumps to a completely different web site.

Have you had any others comment on this?

Regards

Tony

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2006 :  16:23:10  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You probably use toolbar button for autofill? Try usin global shortcut key instead.
Go to Top of Page

techgod60

1 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2006 :  04:24:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same issue and I am not using the toolbar for autofill. It seems that there is a timing issue to jump to the application, and back and that it is losing the first character on the way back. I have been able to get it to work sometimes and fail others.
Go to Top of Page

ajharman

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2006 :  12:55:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is exactly what is happening. Sometimes it works like today, were I have not had a problem but yesterday every time I used a web page to log into I had to always put in the first character in my login and password lines. I also noticed yesterday that sometimes the page would change to another web address when I pressed the keys to autolog.
Go to Top of Page

oracledba

26 Posts

Posted - 14 September 2006 :  17:56:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a similar issue with another progam maybe same solution will work for your IE7 issue. I fixed my applications bad behavior by changing the "template" of password agent wait for 1/5 second both before and after each of the username/password variables. Here is my template for that PA entry.

{WAIT 200}$USERID{ENTER}{WAIT 200}$PASSWORD{WAIT 200}{ENTER}
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 14 September 2006 :  21:32:54  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BTW, I myself use IE7 RC as main browser as well and have seen no problems in this field. But I use classic interface (without themes) in Windows and it is possible that when themes are enabled there are some issues because these need a lot of resouces to draw and that may cause this "timing issue".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000