Password Agent
 Password Agent and Windows Vista compatibility
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hdcl

4 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2006 :  19:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There seem to be a number of problems with PA and Vista RC1. Any time I change an option and try and save, I get an error - Failed to set Data for ''

When I try to enter my registration code to unlock my version, I get an error "Administrator Priveledges are required to enter key code." I am an administrator on this machine and I am elevating the security level of PA to Adminstrator and have tried this with and without XP compatability set.

Also, autofill is completely hit or miss. On some pages, it cuts off the first character of both the userID and password. On other web pages, it does not autofill at all.

Are you working on a Vista compatible version?

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2006 :  19:14:36  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Give me a week or two to confirm the problems. Seems I'll need first upgrade hardware in my test box to install Vista. That thing seems to be really picky!
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2006 :  16:08:45  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now the first test is done and the result is not that bad!

I read somewhere that Vista runs general programs without admin privileges even if you are logged in as administrator. Actually that is a good thing and that is why it now and then asks your confirmation if you run system sensitive components even you are logged in as administrator.

Until I'll release update for Vista compatibility you'll need to run Password Agent with administration privileges (that will solve Key Code entry and "Failed to set data" errors).

Here is what you'll need to do:

1) Right-click Password Agent shortcut and choose Properties from context menu
2) Switch to Compatibility tab
3) Select "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox.
4) Press OK to save settings.

That is it!
Go to Top of Page

hdcl

4 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2006 :  05:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For some reason even when I do what you said below, I still get the error. I guess I will need to wait for your updated version. I have other Vista issues going on with my machine too (WMI is corrupt) so that may be it too.
Go to Top of Page

yirm

2 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2006 :  05:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Running it as administrator works, however it's not ideal as:

1) This doesn't help you if you want to run it minimized at Windows startup (as set through the PW prefs).

2) You have to dismiss the User Account Control nag every time you start the program.

But at least that's something until there's a patch.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000