Positive Vibes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kdmoyers

7 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2006 :  19:31:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a quick message of encouragement to Ahto:

I'm using PA every single day and it's working great.

Looking forward to version 3, which I fully expect to pay for. Speaking for myself, I'm trusting PA with pretty much everything at this point, so an upgrade fee to support PA is a great idea.

I love to blow people away with how fast I can jump around various programs and web sites. I use gibberish passwords now, since I only have to remember one!! PA really changes the way I use a computer.

thanks again Ahto, keep up the great work!
-Kirby

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2006 :  12:59:06  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey!

Thanks for the feedback, it is much appreciated. However, having used it myself now for about half a year off an USB flash disk I definitely see that improvements are required. I also think the next verison will have customizable database so you can store different kind of info more easily and customize fields (also by group).
Go to Top of Page

gbeichho

4 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2006 :  20:30:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't even remember how many years ago I started using your software, and I've used it religiously ever since. I would easily pay for an upgrade to a new version.

It's interesting because I've been storing information like CC numbers and a brief history of orders with pay sites.

What I would like is a quicker way to switch between password files.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2006 :  09:50:42  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
What I would like is a quicker way to switch between password files.

Can you explain in more detail, why you need to have multiple password files and how you see this quick switching could work? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

oracledba

26 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2006 :  18:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too wish for means to switch between multiple password files. This request has come up before. As for your question as to why and how.
There are many reasons why us customers would want multiple password files. Here's an obvious one. One wants their kids to have strong passwords so you encourage them to use password agent but one does NOT want their kids in the Parents PA file. The only solution is that everyone creates their own PA file. Thats a fine however parents are often want to checkup on their kids so they want to open their PA file. Ideally the parent would create a key entry in their PA file which points to the Kids PA file with that file's password. Parent could then ctrl-k their entry to obtain access into kid's file. As for how, I personally think PA should be single window interface with multple tabs within that single window. Each tab would be a PA file and the interface to that file would be exactly like today. The user would then click on a tab to make it active. Hence whichever tab user has on top will be "active" PA file And any hot keys such as ctrl-shift-A would apply to the active entry of the active tab. To switch between PA files one simply chooses another tab. Closing a tab closes the underlying file. Opening a PA file creates a tab for it within the single PA window. The above is but one example of why multiple PA files would be useful. I could go on but the above should be enough.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000