usb-drive problem. settings not stored.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ferdie

5 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2006 :  01:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,
an, imho, nice feature, is that pwa recognizes if it is started from an removeble-drive. whith all the benefits explained in the help-file.

unfortunately, there is a lack of comfort for the user.

i don't like the default-settings pwa offers (shortcuts, etc), so i changed them on my pc.

now, if i'm workin on another pc, i start pwa from a usb-drive, and *always* have to change my options manually :-( this is kinda anoying! (pwa says, that the config isnt stored between sessions, if started from a removable drive)

i tried the export-.reg feature, but this doesnt help, because the exported .reg isnt recognized by pwd in any way ;) of course, i have to import it to the registry, but thats not possible on some pcs and i don't want it too.

so, my question is:

why isnt there a .ini file, which must be in the same path as pwa, which pwa uses on startup? and which contains all *my* wonderful settings? ;-)

how can i avoid my problem?

greetings and thanks in advance,
ferdie

ferdie

5 Posts

Posted - 01 March 2006 :  20:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello,

is this such a such a simple problem, that it is solveable with reading the faq or anything else?
then please help me in pointing to it. i didnt find anything which would help me out here.

ferdie
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 01 March 2006 :  21:32:08  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The next version will solve this problem so settings will be saved also on removable drive.

I'm aware of the limitations of current implementation. The Take With Me function was added later, it was not part of initial version 2.0 design, so it is a bit poor design (or lets call it workaround) but only that way retains compatibility with version 2.0.
Go to Top of Page

ferdie

5 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2006 :  16:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, but when will there be a newer release?
it's a long time since the last post to this topic and we all use usb-drives/usb-sticks and want to use pwa with it.
cheers mate,
ferdie
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2006 :  10:00:06  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know you all want new version and I want it too but I'm currently in Africa at least until October and only after that can start working with new versions of my programs. And there are several programs that all must (and will) get completely new major version update. So please don't ask when exactly will this happen.
Go to Top of Page

ferdie

5 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2006 :  17:13:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
october what year? ;->
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000