Password Agent
 HELP!!! READING FILE FAILED. ACCESS IS DENIED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

soriold

3 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2006 :  19:24:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday my desktop crashed rather hard again and I decided that it is time to reinstall Windows again. I backed everything up onto an external Maxtor hard drive, including several copies of my .pwa files. I also have Password Agent on my laptop and tried to open the .pwa file (the one on the external hard drive) but get the following error message:

READING FILE FAILED. ACCESS IS DENIED

When looking at properties (General -> Advanced -> Details) of the file I see that an encryption was enabled. Under "Users who can transparently access this file" it lists the name of the desktop as well as a "Certification Thumbprint".

I do not remember enabling the encryption but figure it is part of the security system. However, I cannot open, copy, cut&paste, that file and am REALLY worried that I cannot get to my passwords anymore.

I would REALLY appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you so much!

Stefan

Misbehaving

1 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2006 :  01:08:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having almost the exact same problem. I have not had sort of crash or re-boot issue, but a week ago I used the program with no problems and today when I attempt to open the program I receive READING FILE FAILED. THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE FILE SPECIFIED. The file has not moved or been tampered with in anyway. I am also unable to open any of the backup files (same message). I am screwed without this program! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2006 :  14:03:06  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The first case is probqbly with Windows file security, perhaps file permissions that are possible with NTFS file system are set up and now the file is inaccessible. Here I can't help.

Second case is different, just use File : Open and browse your file. If you still have problem, email with all the info asked in support section. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000