Backup Magic
 Not enough disk space to do it all....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mdyod

8 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2005 :  19:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sine BM can only back up to one DVD/CD, my disk gets full before backing up all my photos. What is the best way to back up my Photos? I am willing to back up onto different DVDs - i.e. one for each quarter of the year and then keep them for archival purposes. I want to back up all new (changed) files once a week. I would like to have it as a scheduled task as well. Any ideas?

Thanks
BTW BM is a great program.

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2005 :  10:32:33  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is better to make archives manually, without Backup Magic. Just archive your old material as you wish and then exclude it from Backup Magic, so it won't try to copy it again.
Go to Top of Page

mdyod

8 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2005 :  21:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's the best way to exclude? could i do it by date modified or date created? if so, could you give me an example mask?

Thanks
Dwayne
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2005 :  23:38:00  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Exclude by folder, I assume you don't have all your files in one folder, but grouped by folders. Group your images by year plus by month for example, then it is easy to exclude these years you have already archived.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000