Password Agent
 pwagent extra lite?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

michael

1 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2002 :  10:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[i just sent this email to support@moonsoftware.com but i thought i would post it here to see what others thought of it and see if anyone has found another way of doing this. -- michael.]

first off, i've used font explorer, backup magic and clipclear and really like these programs. i was considering downloading password agent, but it's not exactly what i'm looking for. i thought i would describe what i'm looking for since i think there might be a lot of others and it might be a worthwhile project. sort of a password agent extra lite (and extra portable!).

1. a combined bookmarks/password manager and form-completer
2. can run off a floppy disk and/or can run off an internet location

the closest i've found is the program/service at www.ahapassword.com. the only problem with this program is that it seems a bit buggy, the documentation is several versions behind the program, and it can't be run off any internet location (although they offer space on their server for up to ten accounts and sell space for over ten). they have it set up so you can run the executable from your local disk, a floppy disk or their web site. likewise, you can store you encrypted database on your local disk, a floppy disk or their server. but if you could store it on you own webspace, you could use as much space as you wanted (allowing it to be a true bookmarks manager!) and not worry about their web site getting shut down. currently, you can store and READ you database off your own website, but I don't think the program has the functionality to WRITE to any server (there is no way to input ftp login/password, for example).

well, i hope you are interested enough to actually take on such a project, but if not, at least check out their web site. it is a neat idea. the main thing is that i have more faith (based on my experience with your other software) that you could create such an application than that this other company could get theirs working right.

cheers, michael.

LindaHewitt

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2002 :  16:18:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why not create an Access DB table with all of the pertinent information. This will take less than an hour and you will be able to sort by any of the columns in your database.

Or

Why not create a table in Word with all of the pertinet columns. You would still have all of your information but you would not be able to sort a particular column.

Both Access and Word can be put on a floppy and they can also be exported to the web.

Linda Hewitt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000