Freeware
 Bookmark Wizard
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wintech

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2003 :  08:22:01  Show Profile  Visit wintech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I have been using Bookmark Wizard for some time and now have four bookmark pages all for different browsing habits.

Is it my imagination but using the bookmark page seems to be a good deal faster to get to the web site than going through Internet Explorer itself?

I have used other bookmark software but most seem sluggish and get over crowded with too many URLs that never get visited anyway.

I know Bookmark is a small software program but it seems to pack some punch.

Has anyone else experienced this apparent speed with Bookmark?

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2003 :  11:43:53  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, it depends probably on how many bookmarks you have. I have a few thousand and accessing them through single HTML page would be too time consuming. I use Powermarks bookmark manager that I can suggest it to everyone who has many bookmarks:

http://www.kaylon.com/power.html
Go to Top of Page

wintech

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 09 June 2003 :  01:36:06  Show Profile  Visit wintech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Ahto,

It only took me ten minutes to decide how good Powermarks is, which I have bought. Though for most of my clients I still get them to head over to your site for Bookmark Wizard as the majority of people only have 20 or so bookmarks.
Go to Top of Page

MoGrace2u

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2006 :  04:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I came here looking for some tips on using Bookmark Wizard - which I think is a great little program (as is Filenote). The reference to PowerMark was worth checking out however since it makes the url list portable. Thanks for the reference to another great program!
Go to Top of Page

AlexD

1 Posts

Posted - 25 October 2006 :  20:01:37  Show Profile  Visit AlexD's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you tried Bookmark Base tool?

It's aimed to synchronize bookmarks between different browsers & computers. It also can import/export XBEL files.
Go to Top of Page

Hare Hippie

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 17 January 2007 :  22:45:25  Show Profile  Visit Hare Hippie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Portable Bookmarks is the best IMHO!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000