Password Agent
 PA 2.3.0 Beta 1: CF_CLIPBOARD_VIEWER_IGNORE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scott

55 Posts

Posted - 02 June 2003 :  01:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just installed Password Agent 2.3.0 Beta 1. I was very eager to switch to this updated version due to the new support for the CF_CLIPBOARD_VIEWER_IGNORE data type. In fact, I so strongly wanted this feature that I switched from ClipCache Plus to ClipMate 6 (http://www.thornsoft.com/), because only the latter utility supports the CF_CLIPBOARD_VIEWER_IGNORE data type. To me, the switch was worth the $25 USD I paid.

However, upon copying user IDs and passwords from within Password Agent 2.3.0 Beta 1, I see that ClipMate is still capturing this sensitive data. Some notes:

* I assume that support for CF_CLIPBOARD_VIEWER_IGNORE is always enabled in PA, since I see no option to enable or disable it.

* In ClipMate 6, I have the option to "Pay Attention To Clipboard Viewer Ignore Flag" enabled (which is the default anyway).

* Since the author of ClipMate was the one who developed the CF_CLIPBOARD_VIEWER_IGNORE data type in the first place, and since ClipMate 6 is non-beta, I am assuming that PA beta is at fault, rather than ClipMate.

I hope this helps with the beta development.

Edited by - Scott on 02 June 2003 02:16:56

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 02 June 2003 :  13:30:23  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems the ClipMate 6 itself misbehaves . I'll notify the developer about this. Their older CF_CLIPBOARD_VIEWER_IGNORE demo application at http://www.thornsoft.com/dist/techsupport/ignoredemo.zip seems to work OK.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2003 :  17:58:02  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The developer of ClipMate said he will look into this issue and lets hope the problem will get fixed in next ClipMate update. Seems the feature is little used in ClipMate so people have not noticed it does not work in latest version(s)...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000