closing after backup reboots computer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phil

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2003 :  06:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I installed BM 1.6 on a new computer with Win XP and a DVD/CD-RW drive. Most times after the back up runs and writes to the CD-RW drive, I click on the button to close the backup dialogue (where it shows the backup progress), my computer screen goes blank and the computer restarts. No other errors indicated. Any suggestions on what to check ? I'm using InCD with this drive. Thanks !

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2003 :  13:31:48  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How exactly do you close the window and is the backup still in progress or done? Does this only happen when you copy to the DVD-R drive or also when you copy to another hard disk/folder? If only DVD then I probably can't help you, otherwise try updating your display adapter driver.
Please see http://www.moonsoftware.com/support.asp on how to report problems.
Go to Top of Page

phil

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2003 :  20:56:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The same backup works to a zip drive and fails with the CD-RW/DVD drive. I close the window by clicking the close button on the backup complete dialogue box. The drive light has stopped flashing and I waited a little while to make sure it was completed before clicking close. It still restarted my computer.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2003 :  11:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If the problem only arises with DVD writing, this seems to be conflict with your DVD burning software. I don't have any other advice than try updating InCD software, if available. BM does not make any special calls to DVD burner hardware/software, if it works with ordinary disks, it should work the same with DVD/CD writer if the software that does actual burning functions properly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000