Password Agent
 Email address field
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Geoff Williams

1 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2003 :  12:25:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Given most sites ask for an email address, why don't you include a standard field for an email address, in addition to User/ID and Password?

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2003 :  16:06:01  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So far what I have seen is that e-mail address is mostly used as user ID. You don't need to provide your user ID, e-mail and password when logging in, but usually only either user ID and password or e-mail and password.

I can basically add e-mail field as well, but this should be proved useful, otherwise it will just take up valuable space in program screen.
Go to Top of Page

jeffmadison

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2003 :  01:33:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also think this is a good idea. The reason is that many (if not most) web sites use a UserID that is NOT your email address, but the site also requires you to provide your email address. If you have to change your email address, it would be nice to just use Password Agent to search for all accounts with a specific email address in the Email field (not necessarily the UserID field). That way you know which sites you need to visit to update your email info.

I currently put this into into the Note field, but that's messy.

If it matters, many other password managers have a separate Email field.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2003 :  19:27:27  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can also add e-mail address to the Notes field and the search function will find it in any field, so I don't think this is a reasonable excuse to add new field type for this.
Go to Top of Page

jeffmadison

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2003 :  20:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a suspicion that Geoff and I aren't the only users who would like to see this as a separate field. May I suggest a poll?
Go to Top of Page

gyre

5 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2003 :  02:23:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like a e-mail addr field too. Mainly cos a lot of account I've used require a username, password and a e-mail addr.

-- gyre --
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000