Password Agent
 Using Android Version on Chromebook
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Irv

2 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2017 :  01:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love Password Agent and use it on Windows and also use the Android version. Since I have my database on dropbox the Android read only serves my purpose very well.
I recently purchased a Chromebook that runs most Android apps but Password Agent refuses to run on it! (Acer R14)

Thus far I have been using Keepass2Android but it is really inconvenient to maintain two data files!

Any input on this problem? Thanks

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2017 :  01:10:11  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suspect the issue may be that PA can be run on ARM processors, that most Android devices use. It does not run on Intel processors.
Go to Top of Page

Irv

2 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2017 :  04:19:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to correct my original post, my Chromebook is an Acer R13 having a MediaTek MT8173C Processor which is known to run Android Apps, and I regularly run Android apps on it... except that PA will not run! That is why I'm a little disappointed. Thanks, and sorry for the confusion.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 15 September 2017 :  10:49:00  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I checked more background info about the tool I use to compile PA for Android and theoretically compiled apps should also work on Chromebook (even on ones that use Intel CPU as these use emulator to run ARM apps, but with some issues).
When I update the Android app then it will be compiled with new version of compiler, perhaps that helps some way to run it on Chromebook.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000