Password Agent
 Password Agent Suggestions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

5TILLFREE

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  07:15:24  Show Profile  Visit 5TILLFREE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really appreciate the intuitive interface of this program
and how well it works but I think the images in the Image /Group
area are worthless. I would like to see some USEFUL images.

For instance pictures such as:

1- An envelope- (for e-mail)
2- Money symbol (for financial entries)
3- Wrench or Tool picture (for maintenance entries)
4- Globe or Internet picture (for web or network stuff)
5- Numbers (1-9)
6- CDROM of Software type picture (for software/app entries)

Edited by - 5TILLFREE on 23 January 2003 07:17:08

gardel

1 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2003 :  20:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a longtime Password Agent user who has now become equally dependent on his PocketPC device as he is on his desktop computer, I would love to see a Password Agent version developed for the PocketPC platform that would allow synchronization of PA entries between a computer and a handheld.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2003 :  20:11:29  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, but how about Palm!?
Go to Top of Page

gyre

5 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2003 :  13:31:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Palm would be great.

-- gyre --
Go to Top of Page

tritech

1 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2003 :  21:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been using PA for about 3 months. I am a computer consultant with several clients. I use PA to keep track of all of my client's user id's and passwords for their workstations, server, routers and other network related equipment, as well as, for my own personal & company access info. I carry PA with me at all times on a secure mini/flash drive on my key ring.

I currently keep all of my access info on one pwa file and group my PA entries by client name. I would like to be able to export a group or entry directly into a PA file format(.pwa) and give that file to my client. Then all the client would have to do is start PA and open the PA file. Currenly, you have to export the PA data to a csv file and then import and map fields. This step could be eliminated if you could export portions or your PA file directly to a new pwa file format. This would also allow me to continue to keep all of my client's access info on one pwa file instead of one file for each client.
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2003 :  16:55:32  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Export PWA" probably makes sense. Until this is implemented, as a workaround you can use "Save As" to save client file, then delete other groups you don't need in that file, leaving only client entries. That may be easier to do that to use export/import CSV. And don't forget to change master password of the file .
Go to Top of Page

dancut

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2003 :  18:21:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish there was a {PAUSE X} or {SLEEP X} template which equated to pause or sleep for X seconds. My UNIX prompts are slow and it usually puts the PW in too fast.

I also wish Agent would email me when PW's are about to expire...

just my $0.02...
Go to Top of Page

Ahto/Moon Software
Developer

Estonia
1141 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2003 :  12:38:11  Show Profile  Visit Ahto/Moon Software's Homepage  Reply with Quote
{WAIT X} variable will be in version 2.3. Beta version will be available next week.
Go to Top of Page

Donald M Porter

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  15:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have downloaded the Beta files, and so far, I am very happy. The Take your Program with you is great(I often visit my son and now, I won't have to carry volumes of notes with me.

The suggestion to use more and more descriptive images is also a great idea
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000