Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Freeware
 ShellTools - Copy Filename is awesome!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
batfastad Posted - 25 September 2008 : 19:32:43
Hi guys

I've been looking for this feature for ages! This should be an absolute basic feature in any modern file-browsing software.
Thankyou for creating such a great utility!

I have one feature request for the Copy Filename feature.
The ability to enable 2 different context menu items. One to copy the filename, another to copy the complete path.

That would make it even better!

Thanks, Ben
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 23 January 2009 : 01:23:39
Thanks for your input. Most likely variables support will be implemented so custom copy string can be constructed, similar to CopyURL module.
mark_brk Posted - 23 January 2009 : 00:53:15
I love the copy filename utility and sometimes I do have a need for various file/path formats.

I thought it would be cool to build a feature into the shelltools control panel where the user could specify 2 path/file format strings--one would be the default, the other the ctrl-key format.

Some days I might want to set the filename-only format as my default and full-path-plus-filename as my alternate. Other days I might want a path-only format as my default.

The string formatter might work on some simple codes like [path] for the full file path, [filename] for the file name and maybe even [ext] for the extension so you'd have two empty fields in the configurator where the user could specify something like

[path] and [filename][ext]
or
[filename] and [path][filename][ext]
or anything.

Maybe even have the program save the last few formattings for easy recall.

Now THAT would be cool ;)
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 12 October 2008 : 18:19:09
I'm aiming to include copy folder path name funcitonality in the next update. In addition, as I lately aquired updated verison of development tool that now has native Unicode support, all future products will be Unicode enabled (that solves some problems with international characters).
PottyMouth Posted - 12 October 2008 : 15:09:43
@batfastad

I use Shell Tools every day, and have used the fantastic Moon Software for years, but I don't use that particular feature because I have it in a more specific extension. If you want more flexibility in path copying (I hope the mods don't mind me saying so) but try the free Ninotech Path Copy extension...which is an extension dedicated to the task. I've been using it for years right alongside Moon Software products. In Shell Tools I just uncheck Copy Filename. Google for the extension.

Now, if Moon Software added such a feature to Shell Tools I'd say bye bye to Ninotech's extension...how about it?
a0000001 Posted - 03 October 2008 : 11:07:16
i love it,but too bad it does not support any chinese character
batfastad Posted - 30 September 2008 : 11:18:46
Aha!
I was not aware of that - perfect!!!

Thanks for your help!
Ben
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 29 September 2008 : 17:02:15
Hi Ben!

Are you aware that when holding down Ctrl key you can copy only filenames without path?

Option for two separate entries may be useful, though.

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000