Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Password Agent
 auto fill in with FireFox

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
freddy12345 Posted - 23 October 2006 : 14:29:36
Hi,

in the past month or two i seem to have noticed a new behavior. i open up my credit card site with FireFox, and when i tell PA to auot insert the username and password, it doesn't do it, and then the two entry fields are not selectable. if i then open up IE and try it, what happens is 1) the first attempt to auto fillin fails, 2) the second attempt succeeds.

thanks for any help. (i'm using the latest version of PA.)

Fred
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
oracledba Posted - 24 October 2006 : 20:51:56
I'm just guessing but I suggest these things:

a) make sure focus is set in correct field by mouse clicking in the username field before issuing ctrl-shift-A, with some sites when you first pull them up the cursor focus for data entry isn't where you expect - hence when you do your auto-fill (ctrl-shift-a) the keystrokes being played aren't going into the fields you expect. By manually clicking into the username field you know exactly where data entry will flow when you do your ctrl-shift-A

b) Before I setup a PA entry I manually keyboard a bogus username and password using the "tab" key or "enter" key as required. I say bogus because I'm not interested in actually logging in as much as I'm trying to find out if what tab/enter keys are required to navigate to the correct data entry fields. Some sites are formatted oddly and a tab key from the username field doesn't take you directly to the password field but something else such as a check box. If this is the case you'll probably find that you need to issue a "tab" key several times to get cursor focus from the username box and into the password box. Once you know how many tabs are required you can change the "template" for that PA entry.

c) I have found that some things are "slow" to recognize that focus has changed and aren't ready to "accept" input yet. For those I have added a few 1/10ths of a second delay before and after the "tab" key.
This gives the host time to setup to receive the input from PA into the next field.
Here is an example of a template a delay before/after the tab key which adds about 1/2 second to the login.

$USERID{WAIT 100}{TAB}{WAIT 400}$PASSWORD

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000