Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Password Agent
 Wish list...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jiehooni Posted - 14 February 2006 : 00:33:25
Thanks for the good work.

I just want to see more flexibility in 2 ares.

1: hope to have cross labeled entry just like Google mail or at least each entry could belong to 2 groups.

2: hope Password agent to be able to launch from USB flash drive so I don't have to install each time when using on different computer.

Again, thanx.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 02 March 2006 : 13:11:56
Merge/sync will be present in the next major version.
oracledba Posted - 02 March 2006 : 03:18:30
I appreciate your reply I can understand it even though I don't necessarly agree. That said, Can you please speak to the other ability wished for which you did not address - specifically an ability to intelligently merge two password files? for example. Assume I have a copy of my file on my desktop and laptop. I might do data entry to my file at either location but eventually I want to merge these changes back into a single file without having dups. This is something one can NOT do today.
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 01 March 2006 : 21:41:16
Regarding multiple files and users, Password Agent 2.x can open and make multiple files easily as any other program. Just one file can be open at given moment, but usually this is not a problem because Jake and Jane do not use the computer at the same time. ;)

You can place shorcuts to these files on Desktop (the is a command for this in File menu of PA) so each user has quick access to their file.
oracledba Posted - 16 February 2006 : 01:48:15
In the next PA (password agent) version I would like to have two things:

1st) The ability to open multiple PA files!!!
* I have a PA file for work/business stuff.
* Kids have a PA file they use for their stuff.
* Spouse has PA file for family bank accounts.

Obviously a single PA file is not a solution because who for instance would want their kids having access to family bank accounts.

However, Parents DO want to get into kids accounts, either parent may want to pay bills and only one of us should be accessing work/employer data.

Because of differing needs such as described above, I would like for PA to be able to open up multiple files.

Obviously when PA opens up a file it would need the keyphrase for that file but thats ok, this
would simply be PA entry just like any other stored password.

The interface I would prefer is on the left hand side where folders are displayed is for PA to
emulate how windows explore presents multiple drives with folders under those drives. If the above
is too complicated, an potentially easy solution might be for PA to have a TAB interface.
Each tab would look/behave exactly like what PA does today we simply have one tab(panel) for each file opened - kind of like firefox tab browsing.

2nd) I would like for PA to be able to IMPORT records but a new panel that has these elements:

A CHECKBOX for
"remove pure duplicates"

A RADIO button for:
"keep all entries for a duplicate name"
"keep newest entry for a duplicate name".

For example, Assume that you have a PA file on your laptop.
Also assume that you have copy of this PA file on your DESKTOP at home.
As things are today, if I add an entry to a PA file at either location, or do maintence on an existing record, its not always easy
synchronize the two files.

I would like to be able to take two PA files and merge them together.
If a record is a pure duplicate - that is to two records are a byte for byte match for EVERY field. Then a CHECK box to indicate to keep both or just one.

After having done the "pure duplicate" test.
If two records have the SAME name then they are the "same" thing but different versions of it. One is simply out of date - so we have a choice to make do the import keeping both entries or keep the "newer" entry based on a timestamp for that entry.

By having this checkbox and radio button one could easily synchronize two versions of the same file.

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000