Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Password Agent
 Upgrade basic questions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mpw101 Posted - 13 July 2016 : 15:51:52
I have used Password Lite for years, but recently purchased it as the volume of passwords increased. I was looking forward to the upgrade. Now it is here and I am afraid to upgrade.
First, please assure me no passwords will be lost. I used the password generator to obtain passwords for several sites and they are long and I really could not reproduce them or any of my many passwords. That is what I use Password Agent for.
Second, the wording in the history link is rather technical so I will just ask; how do I get my Password Agent from my desktop to my laptop. I used to be able to use Home Group and just drag and drop it from the Documents section of my desktop to the Documents section of my laptop. I think I read it would now be located somewhere else and I might not be able to move it to my laptop.
I still have my license key. How much will it cost to get updates after 365 days? Is it one year after I bought the program in March 2016 or one year after I download the upgrade?
Thank you for your time.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 13 July 2016 : 16:10:57
Hello!

I have worked hard to make it sure no information gets lost during upgrade. If you open your old data in new version the program will prompt you to open it in read-only mode, so you can check that all your data is there. In read-only mode it does not change your file so you can keep using old verion if you data is missing. Only if you like the new version and all your data is there open the file in read-write mode, so it will be updated to new format. After that the file is not readable in old version.

You data file is where you saved it, usually in your documents folder (use File | Properties to see its location). You just need to copy/move your data file to another computer. You can use "File | Backup/copy to" function to copy your data file to removable drive.

If you bought in march 2016 then you'll get free updgrade. Claim your new license key by http://www.moonsoftware.com/lookup

License key extension after 365 days is likely in range of $10-15 for another year. However, you are not forced to upgrade or spend money as your existing program will keep working perpetually after that time, only you'll not get free program updates.

Ahto

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000