Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Password Agent
 HELP!!! READING FILE FAILED. ACCESS IS DENIED

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
soriold Posted - 02 February 2006 : 19:24:01
Yesterday my desktop crashed rather hard again and I decided that it is time to reinstall Windows again. I backed everything up onto an external Maxtor hard drive, including several copies of my .pwa files. I also have Password Agent on my laptop and tried to open the .pwa file (the one on the external hard drive) but get the following error message:

READING FILE FAILED. ACCESS IS DENIED

When looking at properties (General -> Advanced -> Details) of the file I see that an encryption was enabled. Under "Users who can transparently access this file" it lists the name of the desktop as well as a "Certification Thumbprint".

I do not remember enabling the encryption but figure it is part of the security system. However, I cannot open, copy, cut&paste, that file and am REALLY worried that I cannot get to my passwords anymore.

I would REALLY appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you so much!

Stefan
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 25 February 2006 : 14:03:06
The first case is probqbly with Windows file security, perhaps file permissions that are possible with NTFS file system are set up and now the file is inaccessible. Here I can't help.

Second case is different, just use File : Open and browse your file. If you still have problem, email with all the info asked in support section. Thanks.
Misbehaving Posted - 11 February 2006 : 01:08:16
I am having almost the exact same problem. I have not had sort of crash or re-boot issue, but a week ago I used the program with no problems and today when I attempt to open the program I receive READING FILE FAILED. THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE FILE SPECIFIED. The file has not moved or been tampered with in anyway. I am also unable to open any of the backup files (same message). I am screwed without this program! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000