Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Font Xplorer
 Can't delete or uninstall several fonts.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GrammyJo Posted - 27 April 2005 : 01:58:06
I have MANY fonts that seem to have been installed when I downloaded and installed various icons, all of them being from Japan. There are approx. eight of them. When I try to uninstall those fonts from within FX I'm told that those fonts are 'temporarily installed', 'their file locations are not known' or that 'they can't be used for that kind of operation'. All of this and I'm still able to actually USE the fonts in question!

Every time I use a particular graphics program and even HOVER over any of these fonts the program just crashes! I really NEED to be able to get rid of them and am baffled as to how. Can someone please help me?! Thanks in advance.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 27 April 2005 : 18:00:13
Are you sure you have the same problem, or only similar problem to first part of the post? If so, it is explained in the program documentation that you can open by pressing Help button in the error message that tells you that Font Xplorer is unable to delete the fonts.

Things to try:

1) Tools | Repair Wizard (with default options). This can find invalid font entries in the registry. If found, you'll need to restart Windows for the new settings to take effect.

2) Close all programs, then open Fonts applet from Windows Control Panel. Find the font names that you want to remove select them and choose File | Delete.
Debster Posted - 27 April 2005 : 17:42:22
It would be great if you could post the answer here so others with this same problem could read it. I am having this very same problem.
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 27 April 2005 : 11:21:50
Perhaps you are the person who e-mailed similar question a few days ago? I sent you reply, did you try my suggestions?

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000