Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Backup Magic
 Mirror backup does not remove deleted files

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mgraesser Posted - 04 April 2011 : 06:49:01
When I run a mirror backup, files which have been deleted from a source folder are not removed from the target folder.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 05 April 2011 : 08:32:48
I guess the situation is more complicated than it looks, that is why I asked for backup set file to see exactly what settings you used. Changing backup type on the fly should work as expected.

Ahto
mgraesser Posted - 05 April 2011 : 01:02:34
Thanks, Ahto.
I believe that I have resolved this problem. When I first created and ran the backup set I defined the type as 'incremental'. Then (as an experiment) I deleted one file and redefined the set type as 'mirror'. When I ran this, it did not remove the deleted file from the target files.

I repeated the procedure, but defined the set type as 'mirror' from the beginning, and it works fine.

Perhaps it should be stated in the User's Manual that the set type must be defined as 'mirror' from the beginning for the delete function to work. I assume a 'mirror' set type can later be changed to 'incremental' to turn off the delete function, but I have not checked this.

Again, these procedural points should be clarified in the Manual.

Otherwise, as a new user, I appreciate the simplicity of the program and the way in which it gives me a transparent level of control.
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 04 April 2011 : 09:21:39
Hello!

You can send your system info and backup set file to support e-mail, perhaps after looking at these we can find what's wrong.

Ahto

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000