Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Backup Magic
 moving or deleteting after backup

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chonox Posted - 01 April 2008 : 17:20:57
I wonder if there is a way to move my files after i make a backup, i mean if i make a backup from my c:\bups to e:\bups
but after that backup i want them to be moved to c:\bups\20080401\
is it possible?

thanks for your help!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 30 June 2009 : 15:12:31
quote:
Derek might want to move files instead of copying them in backup. Possibly Derek can solve his task by running a batch-file included in BM deleting his files after backup.

In version 2 there will be option to delete source files if they were successfully copied to destinaiton.

quote:
When backing up to a remote network-server the timestamp of files is changed, causing unnecessary repeated backup. It would be great if backing up to a remote server would work as well as it does on local drives.

There is option to update timestamps of destination files, does it help?

quote:
Sets integrating source files from different folders would be convenient.

That will be included in version 2. There will be destination object and any number of child source objects belonging to it. Modifying destination target folder will automatically make all child sources to point to new target. Each source object can have their own separate copy options or inherit options from its parent object (destination or backup set).
Crisp Posted - 30 June 2009 : 14:28:52
Derek might want to move files instead of copying them in backup. Possibly Derek can solve his task by running a batch-file included in BM deleting his files after backup.
-- When backing up to a remote network-server the timestamp of files is changed, causing unnecessary repeated backup. It would be great if backing up to a remote server would work as well as it does on local drives. Else concerning BM2: Sets integrating source files from different folders would be convenient.
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 24 June 2009 : 12:10:52
It is not very clear to me at this point what exactly do you need. Please describe in more detail.
Derek Posted - 24 June 2009 : 05:54:28
quote:
Originally posted by Ahto/Moon Software

You need to move your existing backup files manually or delete them and modify your backup set to copy to new location.

I really appreciate it if you can add this feature. I am using your software to backup our test data on many of test stations. The data has been accumulated tremendously so we have to create new destinations once in a while. It's very cumbersome to manually delete old files that have been backed up because there are so many folders on each PC.
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 01 April 2008 : 20:18:54
You need to move your existing backup files manually or delete them and modify your backup set to copy to new location.

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000