Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Backup Magic
 Copy ignoring archive bit set

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Richard Schuster Posted - 22 October 2007 : 23:52:44
I would like to copy frequently (several times per day) my vital files to an external HD (2G memory stick). I don't always know if the archive bit has been changed or not, nor do I care. I wish to copy all my selected files and directories ignoring the set of the archive bit everytime. My files will alway fit on a 2G memory stick if the files residing on the memory stick are deleted or overwritten (mirror mode?). How can I do this?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 12 November 2007 : 12:56:06
Also, have you seen this:

http://www.moonsoftware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=86
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 12 November 2007 : 01:13:46
The reasons why it may copy all files are discussed in the past and also in the documentation. If you use different file system in source and target, file modification timestamps may become slightly different. If you use CD-R/DVD-R as target medium, some packet-writing software resets timestamps.
CSGreen Posted - 12 November 2007 : 00:23:36
spasmatically, Backup Magic using 'mirror' updates every file in the folders even though there has been absolutely no change to them . . . very aggitating because it's so time consuming since all I need is the new and modified files added/replaced . . . and missing ones removed from the mirror copy.

I was told this would be fixed in the next version, but was told this a couple years ago now . . .
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 23 October 2007 : 01:46:40
By default the program does not use archive bit at all -- it just copies new and modified files from specified source to destination. Where exactly is the problem or what exactly are you asking? You case is very simple, I see no problem here. You can select option whether or not archive attributes are used and don't need to use Mirror mode on your case.

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000