Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Freeware
 Filenote on Vista?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gingembre Posted - 15 April 2007 : 19:39:16
The marvellous filenote is not working with Vista ! What a pity...
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Keith Rauch Posted - 09 June 2008 : 22:28:22
All is again well with my installation of FileNote in XP-pro.
My fix was to uninstall IE7, which reverts to (32-bit?) IE6, then re-install IE7, which defaults to 32-bits.
There may have been a quicker solution, but I wanted it to work with no more time wasted.
Moral to the story seems to be to stick with a setup that works OK; I didn't have any particular reason to try the 64-bit version of IE7 except to see if it worked noticeably faster. It didn't, but it did kill FileNote, although everything else that I tried worked OK.
Perhaps this posting will save others from having to repeat my experience.
Keith Rauch
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 09 June 2008 : 01:31:28
It is possible to run 32-bit Windows Explorer on 64-bit XP/Vista (it is included with OS), then 32-bit shell extensions will work with it (but not 64-bit ones).

See:
Some Windows Explorer extensions and some Control Panel items are not displayed on computers that are running an x64-based version of Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895561
Keith Rauch Posted - 08 June 2008 : 23:17:58
Regarding FileNote 64-bit, I,too, am in no hurry to shift to Vista, but I have upgraded XP-pro to sp3 and 64-bits. Then I found that one of the most useful utilities, FileNote, will no longer function...
I'd like to remain with XP-64, but I'd also like to use FileNote, as I've been unable to find anything else as handy as your FileNote.
Help, please!
Sincerely, Keith Rauch
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 06 May 2007 : 12:47:15
No plans to make special 64-bit software. Vista compatibility may be available in the future but probably not until I'll make new and unified shell extension package from my existing extensions since I'm not willing to update them one by one all the time. No promises, though, as for me Vista is a bit dissapointment and I'm not upgrading myself.
Cuffy Posted - 06 May 2007 : 06:31:38
I just wanted to tell you that I have used FileNote for many years and enjoyed it every day. I recently moved to XP Pro x64 and FileNote doesn't work in that OS. Hopefully you are going to update it to 64 bit?
Thank you,
Cuffy

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000