Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Font Xplorer
 Font Xplorer Feature Requests

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
siliconkibou Posted - 12 September 2006 : 03:20:56
Hi,

Firstly, thanks for a great program...I'm thrilled to hear you'll be actively developing it again.

I have a couple feature requests that would really improve the usability of Font Xplorer:

-Multiple Monitor compatible. Currently FX always opens up on my main window, regardless of which monitor I moved it to. It would save some aggravation if FX would retain it's monitor position like most applications do.

-Font Database. Something that would be optional for users (read: users could still use FX the traditional folder-reading method). However having the option to have a database of for your fonts would allow the addition of comments, ratings, notes, grouping, labeling, etc.

-Groups (in tandem with above, or as a stand-alone feature). Grouping would be a most useful ability. Many projects use a number of fonts. Grouping these fonts per-project would allow fast loading(and unloading) of a bunch of fonts for each individual project.

Thanks again for FX...

Regards,

-Paul
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
iamback Posted - 09 November 2006 : 14:04:02
Feature request - in a word: Unicode!

More specifically:

• support for Unicode file names

• support for Unicode font names

• support for other Unicode embedded information (copyright, manufacturer, developer, etc.)

• be able to show character sets in all Unicode ranges

• be able to select fonts based on the presence of specific Unicode ranges (not just Latin character sets as the current version does)

• allow Unicode sample text to be entered and copy-pasted

• in other words: anywhere text is used, this should fully support Unicode

Complete Unicode support is lacking in (practically) all current font viewing and management tools; providing this would be a major advantage.

An extra-nice feature would be to support replacing a Unicode font name with an alternative name in Latin characters (I have found that this allows many tools to work with such a font that will otherwise not be able to or even completely ignore the font) - doing it manually with a HEX editor is possible, but tedious...

Thanks!
Marjolein
Nighted Posted - 08 November 2006 : 03:56:03
Please make it portable. I would be nice to have a program that could be used to load favourite fonts on another machine.
siliconkibou Posted - 19 October 2006 : 23:49:13
One other feature request...a very obvious one that I overlooked.

Support for Opentype fonts.

There area fair amount of these around, and since it's an Adobe-backed font format, I'd say that makes it pretty key.

I have a number of these and it would be great to be able to access them via Font Xplorer.

My Best...

-Paul
Dragonwings Posted - 05 October 2006 : 23:59:50
Ah! it wasn't working earlier, but what I failed to notice is that you have to make sure the little tick is clicked... silly me!

Thanks, and sorry! hehe
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 05 October 2006 : 19:30:42
About comparing fonts, not sure what exactly do you mean but you can also do it in the current version. Select the fonts you want to compare, then from Filter menu choose Selected Files Only (or press corresponding toolbar button) -- that will only show selected fonts, not all.
Dragonwings Posted - 05 October 2006 : 18:09:41
Hi there

I just noticed your request for ideas for future updates and I thought I would stick in my two pence worth

Could we possibly have a comparison feature (where a few fonts can be selected and viewed side by side)?

Also, it would be fantastic if it remembered what folder I was looking in when using the browse multiple folders feature...

Otherwise thanks for a great program... it may be a few years old but I use it all the time! heh

Thanks!
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 17 September 2006 : 12:51:35
I use a very simple roadmap system that do not need publishing - it will be available when ready.
siliconkibou Posted - 17 September 2006 : 04:13:55
That's wonderful news!

I don't wish to put any unnecessary pressure on you, but do you have a roadmap for future releases?

It would be nice to know when we might expect future versions (betas, finals, etc.)

Thanks,

-P
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 14 September 2006 : 01:11:04
Hi Paul!

Thanks for the feedback. All these things will be present in the next version.

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000