Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Password Agent
 Dictionary Error

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
silvertiger Posted - 21 April 2006 : 01:07:51
After I create my new account Entry (with its associated template) when i double slick (which I have set to "open link"), It opens the link but then fails with an error message:

"Error opening dictionary file C:\Program Files\Password Agent\\speller.tlx"

I assume that the directory it is referenceing shoud not have the "\\" or it is missing a viarable ..

any tips on why its doing this?

thanks in advance,

Silver Tiger
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 06 May 2006 : 15:04:13
This speller.tlx file is not used by PA, it may be used by some of your other programs that is somehow invoked when double-clicking the entry. Some program hook into other programs to provide global functionality but bthey may also behave erratically.
oracledba Posted - 21 April 2006 : 22:00:58
I'm a customer not a support person. What you describe sounds bizzare as that file doesn't exist in my installation either.
I would start by Right click on entry go into properties and examine what you have in the "link:" field. I might even go so far as to highlight the entire contents of that field doing a cntl-c to get the text into your paste buffer then clicking "start run" and doing a ctrl-v to paste the contents into the "run" box and finally then click "ok" if windows can "run" your link then I would assume thats exactly what PA is doing when you double-click the entry to "open" the link. I would assume that both should succeed or fail in an identical/similar fashion.
silvertiger Posted - 21 April 2006 : 01:10:50
On a side note, I am using version 2.3.4 with a fresh install and noticed that indeed there is no such library in that directory even if the "\\" was supposed to be there.

hope to hear form you.

Silver Tiger

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000