Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Password Agent
 Multiple Sites - Same Password

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Busman Posted - 10 February 2014 : 18:28:55
Over the years, I have found that Microsoft (as well as a few others) have `upgraded/merged/replaced/deleted' various sites with the net result that a previous standalone site is now accessed by a password which previously was used for a separate site. This has created the situation that when I update the password for one site, I have to manually go to each of the other (related) PA entries and change them as well. Unfortunately, I don't always remember these interconnected sites and missed some. Typically when trying to access the forgotten site(s) and find that their passwords were no longer valid. If I `reset' them to a new password, guess what, the others have changed in the background and I end up having to revise them too. Kind of the dog chasing its tail problem.

Now I try and list these `interconnected' sites in the various comments field [Thank You BIG TIME for providing it with such a large character field to write such in]. But, it seems to me, that it would be really helpful if I could simply Tag the interconnected sites when these occur [they still have separate URLs] in order to either group them together for when I need to change each sites password, or better yet, be able to change one site and have the others follow it.

And it is quite possible this program already allows this and I just haven't figured it out.

Thanks for your consideration. By the way, I have tried the popular Last Pass software and find your Way Better and easier to understand and maintain. Looking forward to your upgrade to Android/Win 8 version!!!

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000