Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Password Agent
 Windows 8/8.1 Compatibility

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lance_manion Posted - 29 October 2013 : 23:41:46
I recently installed PA on a new Windows 8 (updated to 8.1) laptop. The installation went fine but when I went to enter my PA registration key I received a Windows error message that I did not have permissions to make the change. I ran the Windows compatibility wizard and the problem of entering a registration was resolved.

However, I am left with 2 lagging problems:

1. Every time I access PA I am prompted to open the program by a dialog box that looks like the one you get when you open a program with Administrator Permissions in Win7.

2. The Quicklink function will not launch the URL stored with the password record in PA...I receive a Windows error message that the file is not associated with the program.

Hopefully, I have simply failed to install the program correctly, since I really like and rely on PA...any guidance the forum members can provide is much appreciated!

Jason
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lance_manion Posted - 30 October 2013 : 03:04:37
Ahto - thank you so much...problems resolved!

Jason
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 30 October 2013 : 00:09:38
Jason,

You need to remove these compatibility settings you applied and unselect "Run this program as an administrator" under compatibility settings. You need to run as admin only when you enter key. That will be improved in next version where admin privileges are not required to enter key.

Url must be full url like "http://www.moonsoftware.com" (without quotes). If that will not open then you likely don't have any web browser set up as default web browser, or association is broken. You may need to try setting your favorite web browser as default browser again.

Ahto

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000