Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Backup Magic
 Backup Magic Archive Bit in Vista

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marioguttman Posted - 03 December 2007 : 02:38:51
I have sucessfully migrated my backup process to Vista but have one issue. I have used Notepad to change the value of RemoveArchiveAttribFromSource=0 to RemoveArchiveAttribFromSource=1 in the .bms file. This seems to be working with my files but files from other users (I have administrative rights) are copied as expected but their archive bit is not cleared. This also seems to be the case if the "Use Archive Bit" option from the user interface is checked.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marioguttman Posted - 16 December 2007 : 02:46:30
Great. Thanks for the help. I love your program.
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 03 December 2007 : 14:19:53
If you run under standard user account (as programs run by default under Vista, unless you have not specified otherwise) then you can't modify other user's files. Not only you can't change attributes but you can't copy nor modify the files. That should be quite clear?

If you want to get access to other's files you'll need to run Backup Magic under admin account or an account that can access spefic files. In Vista, even if you are admin, all programs you start run as standard user by default. To start a program as admin, right-click program shortcut and choose "Run as Administrator" from context menu.

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000