Moon Software Forum
Moon Software Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Font Xplorer
 problem loading two or more fonts...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
joe123 Posted - 15 September 2003 : 14:36:53
Hi

I'm trying the demo version and getting this message all the time. I have 1000s of fonts and it is very likely that some are corrupted. Is there a way that I can filter files somehow that could not be loaded (for deleting later) or avoid this message, because it is very disturbing after every task (install, uninstall, load, unload).

Thanks,
Joe123
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
joe123 Posted - 15 September 2003 : 18:18:31
Thats too slow i'll try to find a separate tool for that. I hope this will be included in the next version, would be useful to many.

It doesn't display all, only 50. Only I haven't had the patience to create 360 directories for my 18000 files. ;)

Cheers
Joe123
Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 15 September 2003 : 16:47:26
Currently there is no tool in Font Xplorer that lets you automatically find invalid font files, but we hope to include it in the next verison.

Manually it may be time consuming, but you can make as many folders as possible, then try browsing each folder and see on what folder the program gives error. That folder contains bad font.
quote:
..it's slower than Typograf...

Hmm, what exactly is slower? As much I know Font Xplorer is the one of the fastest viewers available.

P.S. Demo version is limited to 50 fonts, so I wonder how is your's displaying all these hundreds...
joe123 Posted - 15 September 2003 : 15:53:09
Font Xplorer has detected a problem loading two or more fonts from this folder. These fonts may be damaged or most likely you have reached the Windows font limit - folder may contain too many fonts or you have already installed too many fonts, so not enough room to load additional fonts. Press the Help button to......

I'm using XP and used Typograf before. I have about 700 fonts installed and the system is stable and working perfectly. I know there were some uninstalled corrupted fonts in my archive but none caused any problems so far.

Is there a way to delete those problematic fonts? How can I tell which fonts has Font Xplorer problems with?

I have alerady splitted my fonts into subdirectories of 200-400 for Font Xplorer to load faster.

I like the software so far, it's slower than Typograf but better functionality and much more detailed font preview.

Joe123

Ahto/Moon Software Posted - 15 September 2003 : 15:41:35
What message exactly do you get?

You can divide your fonts into different folders to group them. Then you can load/install only one group at once.

Moon Software Forum © Copyright 1996-2011 Moon Software Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000